Nella sezione conferenze, segnaliamo oggi Bits 2011, la conferenza annuale della Societa’ Italiana di Bioinformatica, che si terra’ a Pisa (Toscana, Italia, EU), dal 20 al 22 giugno 2011.
Bits 2011 Bits2011 Call for papers
BITS2011 – Pisa – June 20-22, 2011,
Area della Ricerca del CNR
The annual meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society will be held in Pisa, June 20-22, 2011.
Submitted contributions should address novel bioinformatics methods, algorithms, databases, tools and applications for research and development in one or more of the following domains:
- Molecular Evolution and Comparative Genomics
- Protein structure and function
- Systems Biology
- Biological Databases and Biobanks
- Algorithms for Bioinformatics
- Biophysics and Synthetic Biology
- Industrial Track
In addition to the usual topics of general pertinence in Bioinformatics, this meeting will cover two new areas:
- Biophysics and Synthetic biology (as Structural biology and Origin of Life themes are in common between these disciplines and Bioinformatics)
- Industrial track: in cooperation with Fondazione Toscana Life-Sciences, with the goal to have a parallel discussion of the possible industrial applications of the scientific subjects discussed during the sessions.
We stimulate industries not only to submit scientific contributions, that are welcome as usual, but to give short talks focused on their needs, goals and direction concerning bioinformatics, with particular emphasis at opening a dialogue with young researchers and Ph. D. students. A round table in the last congress day will collect a global assessment of how the industrial world sees the bioinformatics research.
Journal Special Issue
Selected abstracts will be invited to contribute in extended form to a special issue of BMC Bioinformatics Supplement devoted to BITS 2011.
Tutorial lectures on selected topics in Bioinformatics will be held at the Computer Science Department of the University of Pisa on June 22nd in the afternoon (more details will be posted on the conference web site).
For more information http://www.bits2011.it